Growth Series™ 2x2™
Built to revolutionize the home shop by knocking CNC technology and robotics off its pedestal.
Every once in a while a product is introduced that changes the world. The purpose of the Torchmate Growth Series™ 2x2™ CNC Prototyping System is to do just that. The Growth Series™ 2x2™ is designed to change the way you make parts in your home, school or small fabrication shop. It is designed to be versatile, mobile and easy to use. It is designed to bring CNC Plasma Cutting, CNC Routing, CNC Drilling, CNC Milling and CNC Engraving to you in one tight little package. Everyone knew that the time would eventually come when shops everywhere could look at CNC Technology and Robotics as another tool, just like a Mill, Lathe, Router, Bandsaw or Drill Press rather than some daunting thing that is out of their reach. That time has come.
Every 2x2™ CNC Prototyping System is designed as a multi-use platform to which you may mount secondary tooling for which you would like robotic control and repeatability. The Torchmate Driver software is included with every system. You simply import your file to be cut into the driver software. A generic mounting plate is included to accept your chosen tool holder, be it for plasma cutting, routing, drilling, engraving or milling.
What is included in the basic system:
- Two axis machine (2 x-axis drives and motors, 1 y-axis drive and motor)
- 269 oz. in motors
- Torchmate Growth Series™ 2x2™ Driver Software
- Relay to turn on and off your plasma torch or other closed circuit tool
- Weight approximately 100 lbs
The Growth Series™ 2x2™ CNC Prototyping System allows you to put into play the software and tooling you already have. Many people have various CAD programs that they use at work or in their hobby. Almost all of them have the capability to export files in .dxf format. Those files import directly into the Torchmate Driver Software that comes with every machine. For those of you looking for more options, take a look at the software section of our website. The same thing goes for plasma torches, routers, drills, engravers, glue guns, etc. Many of you already have these tools. You simply need to mount them into the Torchmate System. We have included only what is required to operate the system and allowed you to personalize each and every one to fit your needs.
Growth Series™ 2x2™ machine owners can upgrade their machines to the Growth Series™ 2x4™ or the Growth Series™ 4x4™ at an affordable price while costing no more than purchasing the 2x4™ system or 4x4™ system from the start. In addition to the upgrade cost there is a small deposit that will be refunded to you when we receive your old rails back.The upgrade options allow Torchmate customers to invest in a Torchmate CNC machine with confidence, knowing their purchase is flexible enough to be converted into a larger sized CNC machine effectively and affordably.
Optional 2x2™ water table is pictured above. Slats are not included. The water table does not include leveling feet or casters, but is pre-drilled and tapped for 3/8" leveling feet or casters.
- 36.205” x 36.705” footprint
- Portable table top
- Small foot print
- Generic mounting plate to accept your chosen tool holder
- Relay to turn on/off plasma torch or other closed circuit tool
- 26 sealed ball bearings for linear motion
- 2.5 amp micro-stepping stepper motors
- Two x-axis drives and motors and one y-axis drive and motor
- 269 oz. in. motors
- PC based control software with USB interface
- Approximately 100 lbs.
- 15 amp/ 110 volt for controls
- 220 volt models available for international customers
- Machine can be re-indexed to cut materials larger than 2’x2’
- Anti-backlash screw drive
- Up to 150 ipm (software upgrade available)
- Up to 150 ipm (Tool Dependent)
- Approximately .0006”
Available Plasma Units
Compatible with most plasma cutters
- Tomahawk® 625
- Tomahawk® 1000
- Manual Systems
- Cutmaster A Series
- Powermax Series
- Torchmate Driver Software
- Accepts any .dxf or G-code
Torchmate CAD/CAM Lite
- The Torchmate CAD/CAM program was developed specifically to create shapes for cutting.
- Everything in CAD/CAM Lite plus nesting, scanning and hogging. It contains every feature needed, including dxf importation, automatic kerf compensation, automatic lead-ins and lead-outs, and much more.
- In addition to being a full-blown computer assisted design program, BobCAD renders 2D images into three dimensional shapes. It then generates G-code to create the 3D pieces with torchmate’s automated z-axis in conjunction with a router, roto-ZIP tool, engraver, etc.
- Create digital 3D models of your projects before you start the actual fabrication process. All parts fit together just as they would in a physical model. It is possible to rotate the model, zoom in to see the finest detail, and view its components model from the real thing.
- RhinoCAM is a general purpose machining program for the general machinist. RhinoCAM includes 2 ½ axis, 3 axis, 4 axis and 5 axis operations. This powerful package is ideal for mold, die and tooling, wood working rapid prototyping and general machining markets and generate G-code to be directly sent to the Torchmate machines. This product boasts of powerful toolpath generation strategies coupled with tools for efficiently controlling the cutting tool for detailed machining capabilities, while not sacrificing ease of use. It has all the basic functionality as well as additional features suitable for demanding users with sophisticated manufacturing requirements.
- Windows XP/Vista/’07
- 1 GHz processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 30 GB hard drive
- 1 year warranty on electronics, parts, and software
- Lifetime unlimited free technical support