Growth Series™ 2x4™
Built to revolutionize the home shop by knocking CNC technology and robotics off its pedestal.
Powered by ACCUMOVE®
Torchmate continues to broaden product options and offers a path to growing your table as your needs require. Introducing the newest line of Torchmate Growth Series 2x4 CNC Tabletop Systems. We are pleased with such a high response to our Growth Series 2x2™ CNC Prototyping System that we wanted to offer an upgrade option. We want to make it easy and affordable for your Torchmate CNC machine to grow as your needs grow.
The Growth Series 2x4 is versatile, mobile, easy to use, and more powerful than the Growth Series 2x2 with 2 380 oz. in. motors and 1 269 oz. in. motors. It is built to handle CNC Plasma Cutting, CNC Routing, CNC Drilling, CNC Milling, CNC Engraving or most any other tool for which you need robotic control and repeatability. The Growth Series 2x4 comes with the user friendly Visual Machine Designer (VMD) software included. The system allows you to use software and tooling you already have allowing you to simply import your file to the VMD software, and with the generic mounting plate your chosen tool holder can be mounted for plasma cutting, routing, glue applications, vinyl cutting, and more. Additional options are available in the software section of our website and our accessories section found under the Products tab at the top of the page.
What is included in the basic system:
- Two axis machine (2 x-axis drives and motors, 1 y-axis drive and motor)
- 2 380 oz. in. motors and 1 269 oz. in. motor
- Visual Machine Designer software integrating with ACCUMOVE 2 next generation height control
- Relay to turn on and off your plasma torch or other closed circuit tool
- Weight approximately 150 lbs
Growth Series 2x2 machine owners can upgrade their machines to the Growth Series 2x4 or the Growth Series 4x4™ at an affordable price while costing no more than purchasing the 2x4 system or 4x4 system from the start. In addition to the upgrade cost there is a small deposit that will be refunded to you when we receive your old rails back. The upgrade options allow Torchmate customers to invest in a Torchmate CNC machine with confidence knowing their purchase is flexible enough to be converted into a larger sized CNC machine effectively and affordably.
- 36.205” x 60.705” footprint
- Portable table top
- Small foot print
- Generic mounting plate to accept your chosen tool holder
- Relay to turn on/off plasma torch or other closed circuit tool
- Accumove2 next generation height control
- 26 sealed ball bearings for linear motion
- 2.5 amp micro-stepping motors
- Two x-axis drives and motors and one y-axis drive and motor
- 2 380 oz. in. motors and 1 269 oz. in. motor
- PC based control software with USB interface
- Approximately 150 lbs.
- 15 amp/ 110 volt for controls
- 220 volt models available for international customers
- Machine can be re-indexed to cut materials larger than 2’x4’
- Anti-backlash screw drive
- Up to 150 ipm (software upgrade available)
- Up to 150 ipm (Tool Dependent)
- Approximately .0006”
Available Plasma Units
Compatible with most plasma cutters
- Tomahawk® 625
- Tomahawk® 1000
- Manual Systems
- Cutmaster A Series
- Powermax Series
- Visual Machine Designer Software
- Accepts any .dxf or G-code
Torchmate CAD/CAM Lite
- The Torchmate CAD/CAM program was developed specifically to create shapes for cutting.
- Everything in CAD/CAM Lite plus nesting, scanning and hogging. It contains every feature needed, including dxf importation, automatic kerf compensation, automatic lead-ins and lead-outs, and much more.
- In addition to being a full-blown computer assisted design program, BobCAD renders 2D images into three dimensional shapes. It then generates G-code to create the 3D pieces with torchmate’s automated z-axis in conjunction with a router, roto-ZIP tool, engraver, etc.
- Create digital 3D models of your projects before you start the actual fabrication process. All parts fit together just as they would in a physical model. It is possible to rotate the model, zoom in to see the finest detail, and view its components model from the real thing.
- RhinoCAM is a general purpose machining program for the general machinist. RhinoCAM includes 2 ½ axis, 3 axis, 4 axis and 5 axis operations. This powerful package is ideal for mold, die and tooling, wood working rapid prototyping and general machining markets and generate G-code to be directly sent to the Torchmate machines. This product boasts of powerful toolpath generation strategies coupled with tools for efficiently controlling the cutting tool for detailed machining capabilities, while not sacrificing ease of use. It has all the basic functionality as well as additional features suitable for demanding users with sophisticated manufacturing requirements.
- Windows XP/Vista/’07
- 1 GHz processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 30 GB hard drive
- 1 year warranty on electronics, parts, and software
- Lifetime unlimited free technical support
- Computer Cabinet
- Computer Laptop or Desktop
- Water Table
- Laser Crosshair
- Plate Marker
- Vinyl Drag Knife (REQUIRES ROUTER)
- Cable Carrier NOTE A: STD ON 4X4GS
- Non AVHC Break-away
- Machine Torch Holder
- Hand Torch Holder
- Torchmate CAD Lite
- Torchmate CAD
- Torchmate CAD EDU
- Protext (Requires CAD)
- BobCAD DXF Clip Art Package